Bioavailable Absorbent Media (BAM)
BAM is the worlds greatest contaminant sponge. It is a carbon-based product made from biomass materials. BAM’s absorption ability or sponge like effect, comes from its unique and diverse honeycomb- structure. The shape creates pores or openings within the structure that allows for contaminants to be drawn in and retained within the pores. This unique ability prevents exterior surface microfilm buildup that allows BAM to continually absorb contaminants.
- Rapid absorption of contaminants.
- Pores provide extremely high surface area per gram of material creating a high Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC).
- Promotes microbial colonization’s that biodegrade contaminants.
- BAM can be combined with chemical oxidants or reductants.
- Effective on a wide range of contaminants.
BAM can be applied by in-situ injection and soil blending. When mixed into solution BAM has a low viscosity that allows it to be delivered through traditional low-pressure methods. Dry material can be directly applied to contaminated soils for simple treatment.
Offering The Best Environmental Remediation And Wastewater Solutions
ORIN Technologies specializes in oxidation, bioremediation, reduction, and advanced oxidation processes (AOPs) to address specific issues in remediation and water treatment.