The AOTech Process
The patented AOTech process works by combining a proprietary activator along with an oxidant to generate hydroxyl radicals. The elevated oxidation potential provided by hydroxyl radicals allows for a faster and more potent reaction, destroying complex compounds that many traditional oxidants cannot even when over dosed. Hydroxyl radicals also provide the oxidative power to succeed when high loading of the target contaminant occurs or elevated oxygen demand interferes with traditional oxidation reactions.
Available AOTech Catalysts
- AOTech T: Technical grade solution for general applications.
- AOTech FG: Food grade/kosher solution for indirect food contact applications.
- AOTech S: Technical grade solution formulated for specific industrial applications.
- AOTech CW: Technical grade solution for cold weather applications.
Hydroxyl radicals possess unpaired electrons in the outer orbital shell. These unpaired electrons are capable of breaking even complex chemical bonds to satisfy their need for electrochemical balance. Hydroxyl radicals possess a relative oxidation potential nearly 60% greater than hydrogen peroxide (2.05 mV vs. 1.3 mV), and nearly 40% greater than ozone (2.05 mV vs. 1.5 mV). The AOTech process allows for these potent radicals to be generated at a fraction of the cost of other commercially available advanced oxidation processes, with minimal capital investment.
The AOTech process components are delivered by common chemical metering pumps. Each component is injected separately into water, sludge, or soil within a neutral pH range. The reaction rapidly floods the water or sludge with hydroxyl radicals. The unpaired electron in the outer orbital shell of the radical is remarkably strong in its ability to break other bonds in order to pair its unpaired electron.
Optimum Process Parameters
- Neutral pH range: 6.5 – 8.5
- Adequate Mixing
- Retention Time (1-5 minutes or less odor control, 30 min -2 hours organic contaminants).